Location: San Diego
The Vice President of Human Resources will be a valued member of the executive team and report directly to the CEO and will focus on building the people capabilities to manage a high rate of growth worldwide. You will independently develop and manage a complex people organization which includes performance management, talent management, onboarding, workforce planning and analytics, organizational design, policies and compliance and employee engagement. This is an opportunity for a nimble and adaptive leader to balance a strategic focus with a “roll up the sleeves” mindset to both impact and shape a growing and successful business.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understands the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinates the integration of all such programs.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
- Manages other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- This position directly reports to the CEO
Required Education and Experience
- 10-15 years of Human Resources experience required, several years in a VP role or top level HR position
- Certifications in SPHR and/or SPHR
- Previous experience in high-growth, enterprise SaaS/Software environments
- Proven track record of strong leadership skills, high sense of urgency, and proactive decision making capabilities
- Relevant experience in the workforce management/security management space would be preferred
- Previous experience managing international teams