Location: San Diego
Responsibilities of the Jr. Financial Analyst
- Develop new KPI’s and reports with the team.
- Assist in the monthly financial close: analyze results, including variance reconciliation, generate reports and make journal entries, the monthly forecasts and the annual budget analysis.
- Gather business unit-level requirements for all core processes in collaboration with various finance functions and business units.
- Evaluate current business processes, eliminate duplication and coordinate information requirements in order to increase productivity across various business units.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Manage special projects on an ad hoc basis.
Requirements of the Jr. Financial Analyst
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience; background in finance, accounting, economics, or business preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance concepts and principles
- Excellent verbal, analytical, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to deliver value-added analyses
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Able to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and efficient
- Must have excellent time management skills